Opening text

I will always love you my dear... I promise I will wait for you!

song

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Dreaded V

Haha it's just around the corner, so I'm surprised no one has really mentioned it yet.

The much dreaded V. If you think about it, many things that we dislike/hate/fear begin with the letter 'V'. Examples:

Vomit
Vulnerability
Violence
Villan (nobody likes the bad guy)
Vacant (empty, lonely)
Vague (when someone is hiding something from us)
Vanished (when you can't find something you really need)
Variable (when you're craving for some constancy in life)
Victim (when you fall prey)
Venom (when you're bitten by a snake)
Vegetables (applies to meat lovers/carnivores)
Vampire (applies if you're a Lycan)
Vagina (LOL, nuff said)

If you still haven't guessed what I'm talking about, here's a Virtual slap hahaha :P

Yes for all of us Singletons out there, this is the day where we become oh so conscious of our relationship status. Despite being very comfortable as an independent, solo, individual, and constantly advocating how life can be so much less complicating being a soloist to your own musical, I can't help but feel uneasy on this day.

I know it's just a 'holiday' that corporations came up with in order to sell greeting cards, roses and chocolates, but still it plays with your head a little... like a reminder that there's something not quite right about me for remaining single on this day yet again for over 20 years.   

You know I'm actually glad that it falls on a Tuesday. Then everyone will have to work/go to class and so there won't be much time to make a big deal out of it. Maybe just a fancy dinner and some extra special sex to mark the occasion, then it's off to bed early to get ready for the next day. Hahaha I'm evil I know :P

OK I don't want to be bitter. For those who are attached, I hope you will enjoy yourselves!!

P.S. Don't choke on the heart shaped chocolates :P
<3 

15 comments:

  1. Ok, I just got myself a virtual slap hahahaha xD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the title, I was wondering what the dreaded V was. The first thing that came to my mind was virginity. hahahaha

    No offense to those who love to celebrate Valentine's day. But I think it's rather pointless. Wouldn't it be more fun to have the extra special sex on a normal basis? Why do something so special just for one day. Unless it's an anniversary or smth.

    Happy valentine's day to those who are celebrating. Like J-boy said, don't choke on a heart shaped chocolate.. or something else. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh hahaha I gave mine up a long time ago :P

      And if you have special sex on a regular basis, then it won't be considered special anymore.. that would become the new norm. Then u would have to come up with something more extraordinary for special occasions!! :P

      Delete
  3. i love to VVVVVVVVVVVVVAIN! lol... hahahahaha... your shifu me got a date wor on that day... so how?! lollllll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooooo of course shifu can go mingle haha.. hope you had a good time ;)

      Delete
  4. Indeed so over-rated.

    I mean, it's not like going out on a date on that day will make the love last forever.

    Just my thought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, so true... if anything, I think celebrating V day may just jinx things :P

      Delete
  5. Scared of the vagina? Seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scared of the vagina? But it doesn't bite! Seriously! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just not familiar with that sort of territory.. And things that are foreign make me uncomfortable... :P

      Delete
  7. will u be my valentine ????pleaseeeeeee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so sorry Ooi, you should know by now that I'm against V-day and dating for me. I like the single life.. for now :)

      Delete