Opening text

I will always love you my dear... I promise I will wait for you!

song

Monday, June 23, 2014

Life as a Sim

OK how many of you are excited about Sims 4 coming in September?

I know the Sims is not some hardcore or fuckingly brilliant game that requires great strategy / intelligence / teamwork, but there's just so much joy in living a virtual life haha, and acting out all your fantasies that you can't exactly do in real life, eg. get pregnant with your best friend's baby and then go marry someone else, live a career as a criminal, break up someone's marriage by sleeping with the husband just for the fun of it, make anyone fall in love with you just by talking to them repeatedly, marry a rich old husband just so you can inherit his wealth and well furnished home, etc.

Basically it's life and the universe at your finger tips, so many possibilities and endings, but ultimately in your control. Maybe I enjoy it so much because I have OCD.

But one thing I realized is I always tend to start off as a female character. No, it's not because I secretly want to be a woman (having a dick is great!), but to be honest a female Sim has so much more fun (picking out hot potential Sims for a husband), and ultimately they get a happy ending, eg. they can get pregnant, have super cute babies and basically a Sim to carry on her legacy and family name. But if you play as a gay male Sim, sure I mean you still get to pick a hot athletic husband, get married and move in together, but after that you just can't help but feel a sense of emptiness. I know this might sound wrong, but there isn't much going on for 2 guys after all the courtship and marriage. Life begins to get boring. Sure, you can adopt kids, but they wouldn't look like you or quite be the same. Then I start to feel bad for them, the gay Sim couple I mean.

OK I know it's warped.... but isn't this like a preview of real life? Makes you realize what a lonely path it is for people like us....................

Anyway, here's an awesome preview of Sims 4 haha:
 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment